More and more of the important decisions regarding the work of the police and the courts of justice are made within the ambit of the EU, and different development trends in the surrounding countries have an influence on the work of the police and the courts of justice.
Politiforbundet cooperates with organizations representing the police and the courts of justice in the other Nordic countries as well as in the Europäische Union der Rechtsplfleger (EUR), the European Confederation of Police (EuroCOP) and the International Council of Police Representative Associations (ICPRA).
Politiforbundet will focus on:
- Strengthening the Nordic cooperation in Nordisk Politiforbund (the Nordic Police Union) and targeting this cooperation on the Nordic National Commissioners, the Nordic Council and on those ministers handling cases regarding the police and courts of justice.
- Targeting the Nordic cooperation on police issues of common interest.
- In cooperation with the other Nordic organizations, preserving and strengthening the influence in EuroCOP, focussing especially on the representation of EuroCOP in the European Trade Union Council (ETUC).
- Ensuring influence on issues related to the police and courts of justice within the work of the Council of European Union through a Nordic and European cooperation.
- Getting hold of information about development trends in the surrounding countries through an international cooperation in, among others, the EUR and ICPRA.
- Preserving and improving cooperation with trade organizations representing police officers and employees in the courts of justice outside Europe.